About The Speaker Conolly

The Speaker Conolly Pub was opened in 1985 by the coming together of two publicans James Murphy and Harry Morton. An instant hit with the locals the Speaker has always enjoyed support from the local and wider community. Never afraid to change the Speaker was re-modelled in the 90’s and since has gone from strength to strength. In 2006 the Speaker started serving bar food with a difference, wanting to stand out from the crowd the speaker took a whole new approach to traditional “bar food” and started serving restaurant standard food in the cosy traditional pub setting

 

 

 

 

The History.

The Speaker Conolly Pub is named after William Conolly who was born in Ballyshannon Co. Donegal he was the son of an inn-Keeper, he studied law in Dublin and qualified as an attorney in 1685. He led a faired career and was Speaker of the Irish House of Commons from 1715-1729.He owned much of the land around what’s known today as Firhouse. He also built his hunting lodge which we call the “Hellfire Club” today. At the time of his death it was estimated he owned nearly 150,000 acres of land throughout Ireland.

Web Design by Webbiz.ie © The Speaker Conolly

Login or Register

LOG IN

Register

User Registration
or Cancel